Restart slideshow

Things That Are Harmful In Your Home & What You Can Do About Them

Prev 15 of 29 Next
15. Gas Space Heaters
Faulty or old gas space heaters can release carbon monoxide into the air, which can be fatal or lead to brain damage. Couple this with the fact that windows are usually closed when you're using the heater, and you have a worrying situation. 

To be on the safe side, make sure you have a working carbon monoxide detector in your home. You can also switch to an electric space heater, or warm up in bed or on the couch by using hot water bottles.